Why does everything have to be so complicated? The gastroenterologist has an appointment for me before my surgery…but it’s just ONE day before the surgery. So I won’t be surprised if my 9 day countdown turns into another 29 day countdown. Sigh.
But above all I am angry at the way the woman at the front desk treated me when I called. She had some serious attitude.
(insert snippy tone of voice here) You mean you did not tell Dr. Reisler that you already had CT scans done? Why didn’t he know that?
Well, duh. The scans were ordered by a different doctor for a different problem and were over a year ago. I didn’t think to mention it to him. And I didn’t have the same kind of pain back then that I do now. So there.
Things I Wish
- I wish I had stayed with Dr. Reisler instead of bouncing around to four GYN doctors.
- I wish I had listened to my GP and had the hysterectomy a year ago when we learned I have unexplained inflammation in my body.
- I wish I knew why my diaphragm hurts, even to the touch. The muscles surrounding it are so tight it’s like I have “six pack abs,” only I don’t work out.
- I wish the receptionist at the front desk would have been nicer. (Then again, it IS Monday.)
- I wish I could wake up and all this would be a dream, and I would be a normal mom and wife who could spend her time baking cookies and organizing kitchen cabinets instead of juggling doctors on the phone.
I feel better now that I have that off my chest.
Now it’s back to the waiting game as I wait to hear from not one but two doctors. Lord, please help me put my trust in YOU!